Tips to make your plant hunting day one of the best!
Updated: Apr 12
Collector's Plant Fair is the most inspiring and fun weekend on the gardening calendar. Here are our tips for a fun and relaxed day out!
Over the last 18 years of Collectors' Plant Fairs we have endured drought, flooding rains, traffic and heat! The Fair has organically grown from a cow paddock in Bilpin to filling the historic grounds of the Hawkesbury Race Club, Clarendon on the banks of the Hawkesbury River.
Here are our tips to make your day out one of the best!
* At each entry gate, your online ticket will be quickly scanned and you will enter the plant fair. Online tickets are recommended. There is limited shade in the line so please bring water and a sunhat.
* If you are unable to buy an online ticket, the onsite Ticket Booth will open on Saturday at 9am and Sunday at 10am. Those buying a ticket at the gate will have to line up for ticket sales and then line up with the rest of the fair-goers for scanning.
* The plant fair closes at 4pm both days.
WHAT TO BRING?
* Bring your tickets on your phone for scanning.
* Print out your downloadable Site Map from the website.
* Bring your own trolley for your plant purchases.
* Bring sunhat, bags, cardboard to line the boot of the car, and plenty of water.
* Bring cash. Many stalls have EFTPOS, and there is an ATM near the front entrance.
* Free off-street parking for cars and coaches available. Our Volunteer parking attendants will get you safely parked. Please be patient with them and each other.
* Disabled Parking is available near our pedestrian entrance. Please make our parking attendants aware of your Disabled Sticker and they will get you parked.
* Saturday gates open at 8am. This will be the busiest time for the Fair – please keep relaxed, rest assured our friendly volunteer parking team will get you and your vehicle through the gates and parked safely.
*Trains to Clarendon are running during the weekend. The station is a level 100m walk to the fair gate. Trains run directly from Central, Strathfield and Parramatta Stations.
* Please DO NOT queue over the TRAIN TRACK crossing.
*The venue is an historic race track, please wear comfortable footwear.
* The Information Booth will help you find the plant or plant person you are looking for.
* The Plant Crèche will secure your plants while you shop. You can drive past the Plant Crèche to pick up your plants on your way home.
*The Plant Crèche gate serves as the Coach drop-off area. Group tickets can be purchased. Coach companies should let us know when to expect them.
* Public toilets with disabled facilities are available on-site. * Well-behaved dogs on lead are permitted. Please bring water for your dogs.
* A selection of fresh and tasty food options, smoothies and coffee will be available in and around the Fair (locations found on the Site map). There will be a range of gluten free and vegetarian options available. Please bring your 'keep cup' to reduce the amount of plastics used at the fair.
* The Weekend runs April 15-16, 2023. Our address is: Hawkesbury Race Club, 1 Racecourse Road, Clarendon NSW 2756
Thanks to our wonderful plant growers, incredible plant breeders and hybridisers, our awesome event team, and YOU - the best plant lovers we have grown to become the largest and most treasured plant fair in Australia.